Did you realize that each can of soda contains 9 ½ tsps of sugar! This caffeine and sugar cocktail may give you a quick surge but will leave you with long lasting lethargy. Don’t even think about chemical laden diet soda!
Top Ten Reasons to Avoid Soda
- Each can of soda has at least 9 ½ tsp of refined sugar! All this excess sugar leads to weight gain.
- Soda contains phosphorus that leaches calcium from your bones! Soda = weak bones and osteoporosis.
- Soda can lessen tooth enamel due to high sugar and acid content!
- Caffeine in soda increases loss of stored vitamins and minerals, stressing your body.
- Soda is highly acidic, resulting in inflammation and oxidation in the body.
- Excess sugar in soda gives you high blood sugar that can increase your risk of diabetes.
- Soda is dehydrating and often consumed in place of water.
- Acidic soda can irritate your stomach lining and digest tract, especially when coupled with NSAIDS, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Sugar is associated with cancer growth and tumors quickly absorb sugar.
- Diet sodas contain artificial sweeteners that are neurotoxins that disrupt brain chemistry, neural tissues, and contribute to MS.
For more information, check out the Global Dump Soft Drinks Campaign.